Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Javier

Wishlist for version 2

Do you have a suggestion for the next version of "LOCMAI"? if so, simply reply to this thread.

Before you ask: when will version 2 be released and how different will it be to the current one?

If everything goes according to plan, I'm planning the next release of LOCMAI sometime between May and July 2007.

Some of the planned features and improvements are:

- Expanded content for most sections

- Simple comprehension tests included in the book

- Text formatting improvements

- More

Please bear in mind that this is not a spelling or grammar erros thread. If you wish to report one of those errors, please do so ....over here. (click).

"Copy Text" from Locmai. I coach a k12 group and want to get them using LOCMAI at home. I tried to make a handout (printed) with some of your Opening info by copying and pasting LOCMAI text. But, Locmai does not allow text copy.

Or, maybe some PDFs of various sections.

thanks

I recently downloaded and started using Locmai (can't find a version number). I'm an adult beginner and I've already waded through literally dozens of other courses, books, tutorials, etc. for beginners: none of them come anywhere close to Locmai! You clearly have the knack for explaining things in a manner that beginners can comprehend. Congratulations, and thanks!

My suggestion relates to the animated graphics that are so crucial to the effectivness of your course. I think it would help immensely if the user was given an option to "step through" a graphic, i.e., clicking something to trigger a single-frame advance (or reverse), rather than allowing the graphic to run its course automatically. The "something" could be an icon appearing at appropriate places in the text. As it is now, when the user is reading a line of text and trying to digest it, the blur of activity from the running animation makes this difficult.

You've got a real winner here, and I wish you continued success!

Frank

(Bahia, Brazil)

Hi Franks, thanks for your comments.

Unfortunately, Adobe made some decisions which have resulted in a major slow-down of educational books: They gave up on further development of Flash and, more importantly, they never allowed animated gifs on their pdf files, which would have solved may of the problems.

Thus, we have a scenario where it is possible to develop an application which will allow what you're requesting BUT: it will only be compatible with *some* operating systems and not others, which is the major issue.

So at present I'm leaning towards pdf (without animations) and then have some tutorials (both video + html) on my site.

Cheers.